Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Terrific Stuffing Recipe!

I know the holidays are beyond us and if you are like me you want to forget about all those spoonfuls of stuffing devoured between Thanksgiving and Christmas! But I just have to share this fantastic Pineapple Stuffing Recipe. It goes great with ham or pork and has become one of my most requested recipes. I can't say that I invented it but I discovered long ago in a school cookbook. Let me know if you try it out! And if you are looking for a good brunch punch recipe - try this one below.

Pineapple Stuffing (Yum)
6 slices fresh bread (white or wheat)
1/2 cup soft butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 can crushed pinapple, drained (1 lb can)

Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at at ime. Stir in pineapple. Fold in bread cubes. Sprinkle top with brown sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes in a greased 1 1/2 qt, uncovered dish.


Champagne Punch
1 bottle champagne (prefer Asti brand)
1 bottle Ginger Ale
1 small can frozen orange juice
1 small can frozen pineapple juice
Small bag frozen strawberries (will keep punch frozen longer)
1 orange – sliced
Let juices defrost 1-2 hours.
Mix together in punch bowl. Add in ginger ale then champagne. Add frozen strawberries and orange slices to the bowl.
Make 30 minutes prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment